A well designed solution architecture takes into account key scenarios and the long term consequences of key decisions to create a solid foundation upon which the solution is built. Without this foundation the software runs the risk of being unstable and unable to support business requirements.
Some of the key architecture development activities we undertake at Khumbu are:
- Meet with stakeholders to identify and analyze architecturally significant and non-functional requirements.
- Identify and recommend candidate technologies and help in evaluating them by creating necessary proofs of concepts.
- Validate the proposed architecture by developing a vertical slice and conducting early performance testing.
- Create design guidelines.
- Create deployment architecture.
- Plan for disaster recovery.
- Conduct performance and benchmark testing.
- Conduct capacity sizing.
- Interview hardware and software vendors.